Tuesday, March 12, 2013

When I started blogging my body fat percentage was at 18% and prior to that even higher. My weight has not changed but my body fat is now down to 15%. When people say to me that I've lost so much weight, the funny thing is that I have not lost any weight at all. What I have lost is FAT and gained lean muscle, therefore my body composition has changed and I look leaner.
I am now eating more than I ever have in my life with very precise portions and knowing exactly what my metabolism is doing is crucial being that has changed too with the physical changes that have taken place. This is why people plateau, and become stuck. Your diet and exercise regimes always need to be evaluated, and sometimes switched up about every 4-6 weeks.
Who would ever have thought one would not like being called skinny??! Well, it's happens, when your working your ass off to gain muscle, the last thing you want to hear is someone calling you skinny...lol.
When I hear the word, I see visuals of skinny girls that starve themselves, pop pills or other crazy weight loss scams that promise "quick" weight loss, but they end up gaining it back so they give up or worse, just stop eating or start purging... They have no muscle tone and spend hours doing cardio but wont' touch the weights for fear they will get big or bulky. Some of these people are under lean and over fat, not enough muscle and too much fat. The shocking news from a study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association is that nearly 1 in 4 skinny people have pre-diabetes and are "metabolically obese." This is what we call skinny fat.
What most do not realize, that to maintain a low body fat it truly takes discipline, hard work and dedication. Ones diet must be carefully balanced with the right amount of lean proteins, healthy fats, complex carbohydrates, fruits and vegetables to maintain healthy hormone levels. You must exercise, and yes weights are a MUST to gain the lean muscle mass. I do mostly weights and very little cardio.
If you do not eat a balanced, healthy diet and you do not exercise, guess what you will start carrying around F.A.T. You may not see it on the outside, but worse, it's on the inside, binding and constricting your internal organs. Just because someone looks thin or skinny definitely does not mean they are healthy!!
When a client comes to me because they want to lose weight and be "skinny", my first question to them is that is great, but what about your health? You should want this for your health first and foremost. When you are living the Healthy Mind and Body Lifestyle your weight will naturally take care of itself. My approach is not a 30 day fad diet or quick fix. I teach a lifestyle that you will carry on with you for the rest of your life and your heart and your health will benefit from this new lifestyle.

For more information on the Healthy Mind and Body Lifestyle and how to live a better life today, visit my page here:
www.healthymindandbody.org  

 
Here is an updated photo of my transition. Before taken March 2011...update photo taken end of February 2013.
 
 



No comments: