Friday, November 2, 2012

The Wonders of Glutamine


I really like testing the products we sell, do they work or don't they is the question I want to know.

This blog is to tell you that Glutamine works, for me anyway!

I have been taking it daily since the first of May and noticed an immediate difference in my muscle recovery and soreness in the days following.

After several months, being I was feeling so good and not really feeling sore after my workouts anymore, a few weeks ago I thought I would try going without the Glutamine to see how my body responded. Well, let me tell you the soreness came back and I mean came back! I realized I was still getting a great workout being I was pretty sore after my normal routines, and I didn't like the feeling!

Wanting to test it even more, I took 2 weeks off the glutamine. I implemented it back in twice a day last week, and literally overnight, no more muscle pain after my workouts! They feel exhausted and weak after a good lift, but I do not get the pain/soreness the next day or two that I get when I'm off the glutamine.

So just what is Glutamine?

Glutamine is a natural amino acid found in protein such as steak, poultry, fish, dairy and beans. Your body even makes it naturally. However, when you put your body under a true amount of stress, such as weightlifting, you run a better chance of depleting the glutamine stored naturally in your body and therefore need to supplement. Glutamine works by getting rid of all the waste products like ammonia and aides in moving the muscle repairing atom nitrogen back to the stressed muscles which then stimulates tissue repair. Without tissue repair and lack of glutamine, your muscles may stay damaged and it will take much longer to repair, which means longer rest periods between gym times, and could even mean less gains being the depletion of glutamine can promote breakdown and wasting of your muscle tissues.

There are many wonderful benefits and science proven facts that back it up. Immunity support is a big one. When your immunity is down, one of the first places the body goes for energy is the muscles to regain the protein it needs for fuel. It has also been proven to be effective in aiding with burn patients, cancer patients as well as people with HIV/AIDS.

No comments: